Upcoming Member Activities – RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
Beneteau 393 SAILING! Saturday, Feb. 22nd 9:30am-12:30pm & 1:30 -4:30pm: Before we get in to the busy class season we thought we’d make Splendid Adventure available for some daysailing! Captain John will take groups of six out for a fun time on the Bay. It’s a nice way to practice if you’re recently certified or a great way to get a taste of “big boat” sailing! Looking for a little more time on the big boat? Check out our weekend Club Trips below.
SAILING BUDDIES, starting Feb 29th: We are re-instating our SATURDAY SAILING BUDDIES! We’ve established a regular time when members can join each other and go sailing. We’ll start with the Saturday morning session (9am- 1pm) and set aside one of the Capri 22’s. Be sure to call by Friday to reserve your spot, since space will be limited. Looking to sail at a different time? As always, you can give another member a call. Phone lists are in the office, or give us a call & we’ll help match you up.
REFRESHER CLINIC! Saturday, March 8th 10am-1pm & 1:30-4;30pm: Been awhile since you’ve set sail? Can’t quite remember that man-overboard drill or how to reef? Can’t decide whether to heave-to or heave ho? Well then this is the clinic for you! We’ll review a little bit of everything, so that you can shout “Jibe Ho” and mean it!
DOCKING CLINIC! Saturday, April 11th 10am-12pm & 2-4pm: Docking can often cause anxiety. After all, there are expensive things to hit and witnesses! Well have no fear. We will have you bonding with the motor, spinning circles in the fairways (on purpose!) and docking like a pro in no time! We’ll even include how to dock someplace where you need to set your own lines.
Space is limited for clinics, so be sure call or E-mail to reserve your spot soon!
Guests are always welcome for social outings! (850) 432-3199
- NEW BOAT REPORT: Our latest addition to the fleet, “Simplicity” is ready to sail! She is a Capri 22 with a roller furling headsail, self-tailing jib winches, and a different motor, so an orientation is definitely in order. She made a strong showing in the Super Bowl regatta and is eager to meet the rest of the Club members!
- 2020 BASIC COASTAL & BAREBOAT Classes: Our spring classes are SOLD OUT! We still have spaces in our June classes. Schedules are in the office or on the website. Remember, Club members get a 10% discount off the $1,695 price!
- 2020 WEEKEND CLUB TRIPS: We have ONE CABIN left in our May 15-17th weekend Club trip aboard Splendid Adventure, our Beneteau 393. These fun trips include sailing in the Gulf, spending a night at anchor or at a new marina, all breakfasts, lunches & one dinner for only $600 per cabin! Our 2nd Trip is scheduled for June 19-21. Let us know if you are interested and we will send you all the details!
- SPRING means SPRING CLEANING: As nicer weather approaches we have been very busy at the dock! We have been going over each boat in detail and scouring below and above decks, replacing worn items, polishing metalwork, tuning engines….making the fleet look beautiful. We ask your help in keeping things looking good, so we have a few requests:
1. Please make sure you and your crew always wear non-marking soled shoes.
2. When you are leaving the boat, check below and clean up and dirt, water, or trash.
3. If you get aboard a boat and it is messy or needs other attention, please let us know.
4. If you use the head on the 25’s, please let us know so we can monitor the holding tanks.
Daylight Savings Time REMINDER:
Sunday, March 8th marks the START of Daylight Savings time!
We will be going back to the regular WEEKEND boat sessions as listed below. Weekday
sessions will still end at 5pm.
MORNING SESSION — 9am to 1pm AFTERNOON SESSION – 1:30pm to 5:30pm
NOTE: we are also ending our winter hours as if March 3rd, so we’ll be open 9am-5pm during the week.